Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Confusing Instructions


 On the first day back at school we had a reading test so the teacher could see if we were able to read instructions properly. Firstly we got a pencil and then our teacher handed out the sheets of paper that we were going to write on. The first thing on the sheet of paper there were 23 instruction we had to follow, the first instruction was to “read everything carefully before you do anything.” Personally I thought the first instruction meant read the instructions carefully and then do it after you read those instructions. Then I moved onto the second instruction, the second instruction said to “ Put your name in the upper right hand corner of the sheet” so I did that and so on. I carried on until the time was up. When the time was up we got told to sit on the mat when we sat down the teacher talked us through the first few instructions, when she did some of us just noticed what the first instruction was meant to read all of them carefully before you do anything. Then when you got to the last instruction it said to only do question one and two and then draw something at the back of the paper.

At the end I felt so embarrassed when we got told what the last instruction said. I learnt to read things carefully. In the future I think I will try get better at reading things care. Have you ever done a reading test like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment